Thursday, October 8, 2009

Blindness - You don't know what you don't know

It's official, I'm a blogger!

I've resisted and was confused about the nature and purpose of blogging until I met with a fellow runner at a social event in NYC about three weeks ago. Now I'm a blogger and am clear about what I'm doing and why.

Here's what I learned while out having some fun with my fellow runners and the simplicity of my breakthrough makes me laugh.

Here it is folks, are you sitting down? My friend Meghan told me that she writes about her passions in life, running and cooking. And so I started reading her blog and I was immediately transformed and I could see what I needed to write about. It was an ah ha moment!

I'm passionate about the fact that we live in language and we forget about it all the time. I'm also passionate about fitness and health. So those are the two things I'll be writing about as I turn into a serious blogger.

Of course there are sub-topics galore and I'll be getting into that on a regular basis, but for now, for this first blog, I'm content to declare that I'm no longer blind in the domain of blogging and I'm excited about what the future has in store for me in this area.

Tomorrow's topic... a continued discussion about other areas of blindness and opportunities for learning.

Regards
Dan